Things making me smile...

So after my last post which seems to just be an anti-Disney rant (which isn't what i intended and I'm sure some of you will think I'm a fruitcake) I'm posting whats making me happy...

Homemade bread and my retro kettle
My patio - the clock and obelisk were B&M bargain of £3 each and the kids are enjoying playing on there with their cars and ride-ons, the gazebo gives much needed shade at the minute as well as making us private from the neighbours (same with the screening near the sunbeds)
Taking the boys to a local park and finding these gorgeous wild flowers
My new Hebes plant to replace a huge beautiful brush we had that the 3foot high snow of last year destroyed - can't wait for this to grow and attract butterflies and bees next year
This cute little tray I found a charity shop for 50p to stand soap, etc on beside the kitchen sink
And things I don't have photos of:-

the sound of children laughing and squealing in delight while playing in their paddling pool yesterday
finally getting my result today that I've passed my first year of university with a good, high pass mark!
getting the hang of crotchet! I've mastered the single stitch, Big S has asked what I'm making and has declared it is a blanket for his teddy.

And finally things I am wishing for because I'm trying not to spend this month but a girls got to dream!

an old Belfast sink for under the outside tap (I read this idea on someones blog, I'm so sorry if its you whose idea I'm 'borrowing' but its a great one!)
a potting bench to stand under kitchen window on the patio to tidy everywhere a little
new tea, coffee and sugar holders to give the kitchen a more 'vintage/shabby chic' feel.

Thanks for popping by and reading, I'm so behind on blog commenting so hopefully I'll get round to it but I'm loving everyone's blogs xx